Looking for a healthy dessert? Why not try our poached pears in our Bensons Mulled Apple & Cinnamon!
• x3 Poached Pears
• x4 Tbsp Caster Sugar
• 500ml Bensons Mulled Apple & Cinnamon
• 250ml Water
• x1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
• x2 Star Anise
• x1 Cinnamon Stick
1. Peel the pears, leaving the stalk in tact and place into a saucepan.
2. Add the 2 tablespoons of sugar, Bensons Mulled Apple & Cinnamon, water and vanilla essence.
3. Bring to a simmer and then add the cinnamon stick and star anise. Keep on a low heat for up to 2 hours.
4. Remove the pears and set aside.
5. Add the remaining sugar and boil until liquid reduces to a thick / sticky glaze.
6. Pour over the pears and serve with cream or ice-cream.