2nd October, 2014
This batter recipe is simply too good. No syrup is needed, just some butter then tuck in!
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 c milk
- 1/2 c vegetable oil
- 1 T sugar
- 1 T baking powder
- 1 t salt
- 1 3/4 c flour
- 1 apple, peeled, cored & thinly sliced
- Lightly spray the waffle iron with oil, close & heat.
- On a small bowl beat the egg whites until stiff & set aside.
- In a larger bowl beat the egg yolks until light yellow & thick. Whisk in the milk & oil. Add dry ingredients & whisk until smooth. Fold in the egg whites.
- Pour 3/4 c of the batter into the waffle iron. Quickly cover the surface with a layer of the sliced apples.
- Close the cover & cook as normal.